Can't connect router when typing 192.168.1.1

machoe 09:27 06 Oct 06

Hi, I have a micronet router. When I connected this router for the first time everything was ok and working good but now when I went to disconnect it for a reason and then went to connect it again, it started giving me problems. The main problem that there is, is that when I go on internet explorer and type 192.168.1.1 I get page cannot be displayed. What can cause this problem? Cause I need the routhers wizard to access the internet. Thanks.

QuizMan 11:23 06 Oct 06

I thought Micronet was an ISP. What is the make and model of the router? Not all routers use 192.168.1.1. Netgear for example uses 192.168.0.1 (at least, my one does). Is the router supplied with a user manual? This usually provides details of how to access the router, including the default user name & password - something that you'll need to change a.s.a.p.

Daiol 11:43 06 Oct 06

Hi,1stly what router have you got,i have a belkin and the number for that is 192.168.2.1,& you must enter that number into the address bar of your ie not into google for eg,if all the cables are connected as by the book you should be able to pick the router up the 192 etc only picks up the router it dont go to any web site.Hope this can help you.good luck.

ade.h 16:19 06 Oct 06

In addition to that, some routers have a default gateway IP in the 10 range (ie. 10.0.0.1) and some recent routers require a URL to be entered instead. To avoid login blockages, some routers will only allow logins from Ethernet-connected clients.

machoe 16:29 06 Oct 06

my router is Micronet SP916GL. I am sure that it is 192.168.1.1 cause everytihng was ok at the begining but know all of a sudden its not working and I am doing all the things I used to do before.

QuizMan 20:15 06 Oct 06

You're right, it's 192.168.1.1

Here's the manual that confirms it. click here

Are you trying to connect wirelessly or via an ethernet cable? If it's the former, try cabling the connection instead as suggested by ade.h

QuizMan 20:17 06 Oct 06

By the way, I get an error message when I try to follow my link, but it still seems to load properly anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos