Can't connect router - Talktalk

TheCorner 16 Jan 11

Hello,

I recently got a Belkin G Wireless router and tried to connect it today in vain.

I got all of the way through the set up until it told me that I needed to verify a user name and password which my ISP would have.

I called an automated line to TalkTalk and retrieved these and entered the details but the router set up said my ISP did not recognise them.

What is my next step please?

Thanks
Mick

mgmcc 16 Jan 11

The Username and Password you require will be the same as those you're using with your current Router or Modem to connect to TalkTalk.

They might also be the same as those used to retrieve mail from your TalkTalk account.

TheCorner 18 Jan 11

The Username and Password you require will be the same as those you're using with your current Router or Modem to connect to TalkTalk.

Thanks, how do I find out what they are?

mgmcc 18 Jan 11

Presumably when you signed up with TalkTalk they provided you with a Username & Password. Unless you have changed either one, these will still apply.

If your email address is thecorner(at)talktalk.net then you Username is probably 'thecorner'.

TheCorner 18 Jan 11

Here lie sthe problem though.

I called TalkTalk and an automated line gave me my details of

Username - myphonenumber(at)talktalk.net
Password (eg) - F6M7V3P8

I entered these when trying to install router and it came back with the reply "Your ISP does not recognise this information"

Tried to speak to TalkTalk but tehy have not replied as yet.

mgmcc 19 Jan 11

The Password will be "case sensitive", so make sure you're using upper or lower case letters as appropriate.

TonyW2 23 Jan 11

Try
myphonenumber(at)talktalk.net (at) talktalk.net
Password (eg) - F6M7V3P8

ie talktalk.net appears twice
Can't promise but i think that is how the Account is set up/

Tau1974 29 Jan 11

You may need an Adsl router as I had this problem on talk talk until I realised I had the wrong router!!!!

If your using a speedtouch modem to connect to the Internet you will need an Adsl router/modem to work with talk talk.

Good luck

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message