can't connect phone to wifi

darthballs 00:02 22 Jul 09

i just got a lg renoir, which has wifi, but i can't seem to get it to connect on my home wifi. it finds my network, and the security key is correct, but it fails to connect. the encryption is wpa, which the renoir can work on, but its failing to connect, any ideas?

thanks

I am Spartacus 00:54 22 Jul 09

Possibly your Firewall. Temporarily disable it when you try to connect.

darthballs 00:58 22 Jul 09

thanks spartacus, but no joy!

I am Spartacus 01:04 22 Jul 09

Just had a thought. If you use Zone Alarm it doesn't shut down when you tell it. You need to open Task Manager and 'End Process' any Zone Alarm processes. If you don't use Zone Alarm I have no other ideas.

darthballs 01:08 22 Jul 09

nope, don't use zone alarm, ive posted on a couple of phone forum sites, so hopefully that might help, thanks anyway.

gengiscant 09:37 22 Jul 09

Can you find out the mac address for your phone and enter that into youir router settings? I had to do that with my Wii when having problems connecting.

darthballs 10:43 22 Jul 09

thanks but i think i know what it is now, the wireless encryption is wpa-psk, and the phone only supports wep and wpa-psk/2. don't suppose you know how to change the encryption for the vigin wireless manager do you?

gengiscant 19:00 22 Jul 09

I've had a quick look at the settings of my router,a netgear and I can change the security settings there.
Is the Virgin router a Netgear DG834.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…