Can't connect PDA to PC

Paul-has-more-of-a-clue...:@) 19:12 30 Jan 05

Hi everyone,
I have bought a PDA, yet I can't seem to link it to my PC. At first I though it was the USB port in my PC, but it loaded my two digital cameras no problem. Sometimes (If I push in USB cable very slowley) it seems to 'catch' for a second or two, but not enough to make a complete link. I got myself another cradle, but the self same thing seems to be happening.
Is there anything I could try before I take the thing apart and head to the computer shop?

As always your help is truely appriciated..

bazb 19:20 30 Jan 05

Do you have Microsoft ActiveSync on your PC, if not you can download from click here.

Sorry if you already have it installed.

everything set up and ready to go, just 'can't find device'.
Like I say if I Jiggle the USB cable it does catch and starts to 'download hardware', but only very briefly. I of course thatugh there must be a problem with the cradle, but like I say I have a different cradle but to no avail....

ton 19:45 30 Jan 05

Have you opened ActivSyc and clicked on 'get connected'?

Even got a PC graphic trying to connect. But nothing....
The PC is telling me I have a COM port available, and a USB port available...:(

ton 20:02 30 Jan 05

Try this. Unplug cradle, uninstall ActivSync.

Restart PC, then install ActivSync.

AFTER installing ActivSync plug in the cradle and open the ActivSyc software and click on the 'get connected' option in the software.

whats the worse that can happen...;)

Still nothing.
When I reboot my pc it seems to want to 'catch' a little better than when PC has been on a while. I get the sand timer breifly appear when I wiggle the USB port

But alas no.
Detected new hardwear via usb port, but I had to keep my finger on USB lead, stayed on for about 5 I know that the PC can download it

ton 20:51 30 Jan 05

Open the ActivSync software then put the PDA in the cradle and switch it on.

Is the ActivSync box opening?

Have you tried a different USB port?

Also are any other USB devices connected at the same time?

Which version of Windows are you on?

ton 20:57 30 Jan 05

"but I had to keep my finger on USB lead" - sounds as if you might have a faulty port or cable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…