can't connect to OE, IE etc

entropycity 14:29 27 May 03

Hi can anyone offer a/some suggestion(s) how to get my laptop to access the internet again. I use a 56K modem which 'says' it is working normally, I use 2 ISP's (F9 (the default) and Onetel)both dial up OK but I can get no further.

I have tried to ping each ISP but only the Onetel shows up and responds correctly. I have tried the ISP configuration method and again only the (non-default) Onetel shows up. I can find no way of changing the (greyed) details.

Do I have to format the hard disk or is there a simple way of getting past the connections just dialing and connecting (where?)

Thanks, entropycity

Lú-tzé 22:49 27 May 03

Try removing the DUN connections and reinstalling (remaking) them...

Epirb406 22:57 27 May 03

I once had the same probs and I did end up reinstalling, however, think your prob may lie in languages, ie tcpip etc, will leave them what know to comment.

my problems came about after I had been trying to network my laptop.

Good luck, Epirb.

woodchip 22:58 27 May 03

If you have Win98 go to Add Remove in control panel and double click on Microsoft Internet Explorer choose Repair. PS I got as I had enough with it and repairing it, so I just use Netscape for mail and some browsing, and Opera for quick surfing like on PCA

entropycity 21:45 28 May 03

Thanks for your comments. I have removed the |DUN connections and previously had tried the IE repair kit but to no avail.

Situation at present is that I have removed everything but my F9 ISP link (which connects me) but I can still get no further!

What next?!

Cheers, entropycity

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…