Cant connect nokia 6230 to pc via data cable

bappers 19:19 11 Feb 05

i have been trying for some time to connect my nokia 6230 to my pc via a DKU-2 data cable. when i try to download mp3's (through nokia pc suit) it just keeps telling me that there is no supported phone connected

john-232317 20:19 11 Feb 05

Does your phone take MP3 downloads ?

Can you download anything else ?

It doen`t mention MP3 here click here

LAP 06:47 12 Feb 05

I have a Sharp GX30i which appears to have similar spec to your 6230. Via Bluetooth I can up and download images and also ringtones, but not mp3. The only way I can get them is via another bluetooth phone. My son has a 6230 but at present this is not set up with the bluetooth on my computer.

Every little helps!

Indigo 1 15:48 12 Feb 05

Bappers is a young friend of mine who asked me first what the problem is and I suggested he should post his problem here, so I am bumping it back up for him as he is a new member.

If you can transfer MP3's via bluetooth (phone to phone), how do you get them on the phone in the first place ?

Surely it is possible to download them to a PC and then transfer them to a phone with a data cable ? No ?

bump ^

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:11 12 Feb 05

My daughter has a nokia 6230 and DKU-2 data cable, this when you finaly get it to work will allow you to transfer MP3 files to the phone.

No phone connected problems appear to be caused due to the data cable drivers not installing properly when installing from the CD.

Best way I've found to install DKU-2 drivers is copy from CD to a folder on the hard drive and then plug in phone XP will find new hardware point XP to the folders where you copied the drrivers. Once installed then phone should show up in data suite.

Indigo 1 16:53 12 Feb 05

That's really helpful Fruit Bat /\0/\, I am sure he will appreciate it.

Will tell him to log-on and try it.

LAP 19:30 12 Feb 05

I stand corrected...but in answer to your 'If you can transfer MP3's via bluetooth (phone to phone), how do you get them on the phone in the first place ?' You pay the phone company/supplier for the download direct from them. It's a learning curve: and I'm learning.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:44 12 Feb 05

bluetooth will also transfer PC to phone if you have a bluetooth dongle plugged into your usb.

Indigo 1 20:17 12 Feb 05

But not through USB data cable ?

Technotiger 20:24 12 Feb 05

I believe the 6230 also has InfraRed, I have the Nokia 8910 with InfraRed and InfraRed dongle on pc, very easy connection using Nokia PC Suite.
Just a thought.

Cheers.

LAP 12:24 13 Feb 05

Matter resolved yet?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…