cant connect netgea wi fi online

1973scotty 11:18 04 Mar 06

hi can you avise me on what a network card FA311 is. can't access online with the netgear dg834g. do i need a network card, or is connecting to the socket where my asdl modem connects ok. everthing else works ok. please please help stuck

keewaa 11:42 04 Mar 06

Do you know what a USB connection looks like? Is your adsl modem connecting via USB to the PC, if it is then you cannot just use this socket.

However if the adsl modem is connecting via a network port then yes you can. I think the cable that came with the DG834G box is an ethernet cable and will only fit a network port, so if this cable that was in the box fits, then yes you already have a network port and won't need an FA311. The DG834G has a built in adsl modem so you won't need your old modem.

1973scotty 18:15 05 Mar 06

has got ethernet port but still will not allow me to connect to internet. get message no modem or no dial tone connected. if my pc dose not show a symobo; for a network card on the creen this means i dont have 1 or how can i check to scan my pc to see if it has 1

keewaa 18:39 05 Mar 06

Go into control panel-internet options-connections-never dial a connection
and LAN set to auto.

rsinbad 19:03 05 Mar 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…