Cant connect to Internet through router HELP

nava92 04:40 29 Nov 08

Ok so right now im using a dell desktop computer with some kind of cable internet, which work totally fine when the modem is connected to the pc directly. But when i tried to hook up my Linksys WRT54G v2.2 router up to the modem, and the pc to router, it wont connet.
Now i checked in the network connections page and there is a connection titled "Internet Connection" under Gateway. and then the original connection under the original spot (LAN) so the original connection says its connected, but the Gateway connection says disabled so. So when i enable it, it says connecting, connected, then disappears then comes back a few seconds later saying disabled again. Iv tried enabling it several times but just does the same thing. So i need to figure out how to get the computer to connect the internet through the router.

PLEASE HELP

mgmcc 08:26 29 Nov 08

Have you followed the correct procedure for swapping a connection to the Cable Modem? See my posting click here

nava92 03:09 01 Dec 08

wow thanks so much worked like a charm.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced