cant connect to internet after network set up

mags65 20:06 29 Dec 05

I have managed to set up my wireless network that was giving me some trouble and I even managed to the the security sorted. Problem now is I can't get on to the internet on all 3 computers even although they have excellent signal strength. can anyone help. I've run through everything on the routers set up and wonder if maybe I've entered something I should'nt have.

mgmcc 20:21 29 Dec 05

When you swapped the Cable Modem connection from going directly to a PC to going to the router, did you power off the Cable Modem for a couple of minutes?

This is important so that the modem detects a new connection and allocates a new IP address to it.

mags65 20:42 29 Dec 05

I didn't but i have now so i will see what happens when i put it back on. Problems only started with internet access after i had been into the router set up through the web browser to try and enable some security.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…