cant connect to internet!

morgueman 19:51 13 Jun 07

Hello all, need help! When i try to connect to the internet i keep getting the unable to connect page. I've run the dianogstics? from the page and it says that it can communicate with http but not with the ftp. Says its something to do with my firewall.
I downloaded some security things from microsoft last night and now i cant connect to the internet. If i turn of my anti virus, Panda Platinuim, then i can connect, so its something wrong with my Panda after the last security download! I have Windows XP.
Can anyone help please??

Jackcoms 20:04 13 Jun 07

First of all -it's not very bright connecting to the internet without AV protection.

Is your Panda AV up to date?

Which firewall are you using?

I doubt very much that it's anything to do with the "security things from microsoft". I downloaded the same "security things from microsoft" and have had no problems

birdface 20:10 13 Jun 07

Delete Panda ,Run C Cleaner,And reinstall Panda.

morgueman 20:56 13 Jun 07

Although i've closed Panda,i'm using the Windows Firewall,which is letting me onto the internet. Panda has been updated,but it still wont let me on!

morgueman 08:39 14 Jun 07

i uninstalled panda and then reinstalledit and it all works fine now,thanks all!

birdface 09:20 14 Jun 07

Hi.Glad that you have it working again, If you tick the little square and press the resolved marker,It lets others know that your problem has been resolved,And they can help others with there problems. Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…