Cant Connect to HP C4500

Legslip 22:20 02 Nov 10

Trying to connect wirelessly but get a message stating a Firewall is blocking the connection. The only Firewall I can see is Windows (XP) Firewall and if I disable it the PC - Printer still will not connect.

Any suggestions.

woodchip 22:22 02 Nov 10

You may have another Firewall built into your Anti-Virus if its a payed for AV

woodchip 22:23 02 Nov 10

If running AVG you most likely have there Firewall running

Legslip 22:56 02 Nov 10

Thanks Woodchip. Not running AVG but using Microsoft Security Essentials.
What about if I uninstall the drivers, turn off Windows Firewall & MS Sec Essentials (not sure how to do that!) and then try reinstalling?

woodchip 23:00 02 Nov 10

You could remove it from Add Remove Programs in Control Panel. To see if it will work

woodchip 23:05 02 Nov 10

Have you tried right click the Task Bar\Task Manager Then look for the Program in Processes running and stop it, or you could stop it in Windows Services, Right Click on My Computer\Manage\Services you need to know the service to turn off

Legslip 23:15 02 Nov 10

Thanks Woodchip. Gr8 help as usual. It's at my pals house and I won't be back for a few days so I'll try all then and report back.

Legslip 22:52 09 Nov 10

Thanks Woodchip. It was a right b.....d but got there in the end. Had to uninstall the installed drivers, turn of firewalls/antivirus and reinstall which is a painful process. I saw it recognise the printer halfway through and display the wireless settings. On completion, all worked OK. Thanks again.

woodchip 23:09 09 Nov 10

Good to hear you got there in the end

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017