CAN'T CONNECT BELKIN G+ WIRELESS ROUTER

DAFOZZ 18:03 25 Dec 07

HELP, I HAVE PURCHASED A LAPTOP AND A BELKIN G+ WIRLESS ROUTER. WHEN I FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS IT TELLS ME TO REMOVE (BLUE CABLE) FROM MY DESK TOP PC AND FIT INTO ROUTER. MY DESK TOP CONNECTION IS USB BUT THE ROUTER IS NOT. WHAT DO I DO? PS. I AM ON TALK TALK BROAD BAND IF THIS MAKES ANY ODDS.

cream. 18:29 25 Dec 07

Please don't post with caps locked. It's like shouting at us:-)

Is the router a modem router? If so, what model number.

Also who is your Internet service provider ( ISP ), and do you connect to the internet via a telephone line or by cable broadband.

cream. 23:10 25 Dec 07

Sorry about the caps. the router is a belkin g+ mimo router wich has to be connected to a ethernet modem.my modem is a MT882 talk talk ADSL broadband . sorry i am not computor literate

Thats OK about the caps locked, we all learn.

It's best if you reply through here, so we can all help you.

We still need the router model number and who you subscribe to on the internet.

thms 10:10 26 Dec 07

First we need to know the router model number to find out if you have the correct one for your connection.
As you are with Talk Talk you will need to have an ADSL router.
Regarding the ethernet cable you will need to connect this from your modem to your computer to make sure you are still connected before attempting to set up your router. Do not connect your usb connection when using the ethernet.

thms 10:35 26 Dec 07

Looks like the belkin g+mimo supports ADSL.
So first connect your modem to your computer using the blue (ethernet cable) and make sure you have an internet connection.
The connector for the ethernet cable will probably be at the back of your modem. You will also need the same type of connection on your computer again this will be at the back of your computer.

If you are getting connected using the ethernet cable leave this attached and run the wizard cd supplied with router and follow the instructions.

rawprawn 11:51 26 Dec 07

Open internet explorer type 192.168.2.1 into the address bar and hit enter, follow the instructions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…