Can't connect to any servers

mxzh 02:36 AM 30 Sep 12

I've been having this problem for the past few weeks, if not months. For a few days, or maybe around a week lol, I havent been able to connect to any Game-servers, may that be Steam, League of Legends, Guild Wars 2 or any of that. I have opened all ports, firewalls are disabled/uninstalled. I've seriously tried every single thing I've read, but I can't get anything to work. My sister (she's on wireless) can play without any problems, so I think it has something to do with my PC. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My router is a Netgear RP614v4 and I have a Zyxel ES-105A switch on my desk. Connected the PC directly to the router, didn't work. Unfortunately can't connect my PC directly to the modem.

Thanks in advance.

D@ve 16:57 PM 15 Oct 12

Sorry this response is so late. Are you still having this problem?

Have you using DMZ on your router? It's a setting where you can set one PC on the LAN to act as if it was connected directly to the modem. This does mean you lose out on the security that the router provides, but if your PC has adequate protection already then this shouldn't be too much of a problem.

If that doesn't work, the next thing I'd try is wiping your hard drive and starting a fresh.

Am I right in thinking that the internet works fine otherwise?

D@ve 16:58 PM 15 Oct 12

Should read:

Have you tried using DMZ on your router?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…