Can't connect

Ian in Northampton 02 May 12

Not sure we've got too many gamers on here, but perhaps someone has a conceptual idea...

When my son uses his 3G phone as a wi-fi hotspot to connect his X-Box to the EA servers to play Battlefield 3, he has no problem. However, when he tries to connect via the house wi-fi router, he gets a message saying "Cannot connect to the EA servers".

That seems counter-intuitive to me. How is it possible to connect via one path but not the other?

(PS: yes, I'm aware that EA servers are widely vilified on forums... :-) )

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 02 May 12

Perhaps its blocked by the ISP

Thanks Fruit Bat /\0/. Interesting thought. Frustratingly (in terms of understanding the problem) later in the evening, he was able to get through using the wi-fi router. Very strange.

northumbria61 03 May 12

Ian - was it not just a password that was needed or did it just connect to the Router? As you say very strange.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message