Can't change pdf default from US English

Paul2008 08:28 29 Nov 08

Hi
Word 2002. Have changed the language setting in Control Panel to English and when I open a new document the langauge is English.
When I import text from a pdf file then it always comes in US which means that I have to reset every document.
After cxhanging the language in Acrobat 6 to English UK, the seeting doesn't stay so that I have to change the language in every pdf imported text.
Any ideas how to get rid of this b***** US English?
Thanks
Paul2008

Technotiger 08:44 29 Nov 08

Maybe you would get further with click here though I do not use it myself (I have PDF Converter Pro), Foxit is very well thought of by Forum members.

Woolwell 14:09 29 Nov 08

Acrobat 6 is fairly old now and you may want to upgrade.

How are you importing from pdf?

Paul2008 16:33 29 Nov 08

These are pdf's from the BBC (hopefully English!) and some American sites.
I can only imagine that the BBC Acrobat also uses the American default.
These can be files "on the Internet" or already downloaded.
Haven't upgraded because I don't want to buy the newer version and when I tried it, I prefered V6.
This isn't anything that I do regularly in bulk - just at the moment and I have almost finished the job.
Doing maybe 1 document a day is something I can live with.
Paul2008

Woolwell 17:37 29 Nov 08

Sorry but can you explain how you are importing the PDF files please.

Woolwell 17:38 29 Nov 08

Ignore my post just realised that you are using Acrobat I had misread as Reader.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…