Can`t change password.

Granny. 11:00 02 Jun 06

My Brother used to have a Freeserve e.mail account which has automatically changed over to Orange.
A former partner is going into his e.mail account, but when he went to change his password, there was no option to do so.
Can anyone advise please.

johnnyrocker 11:11 02 Jun 06

delete the account and recreate with the same details but new password?

johnny.

Taff™ 11:20 02 Jun 06

Changing your password: If you have an @fsmail email address you can change your password. You cannot change your password however if you have an @wanadoo.co.uk or @freeserve.co.uk email address.

To change your @fsmail password:

Click my Settings
Click the Change Password link
Type your current password into the first entry field
Type your new password into the second entry field and confirm it in the third
Click the Save button to confirm

If your brother can`t change his password I strongly suggest you speak to customer service and explain the situation. I`m sure they will be able to change it for you.

terryf 11:37 02 Jun 06

Why not just create a new account, if there are organisations that use the old account, I found it easy to email them and explain the change. I moved from talktalk to eclipse and needed to change details with a number of software suppliers where I had bought online and they used my email address for updates, had no probs changing.

Granny. 10:35 05 Jun 06

Many thanks for your advice, which I have passed on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…