Can't change Outlook name as it appears in emails

the_face 23:04 29 Jan 04

I'm sorry to be a burden but this is my last port of call.

This problem is so stupid, I should've been able to read up on it in the Outlook Express help section if the topic were there...

I cannot change my email identity as it appears to other people. I want to change it from 'nickname & surname' to 'christian name & surname' (e.g. Dave Smith to David Smith). This is so as to sound more professional when doing job applications.

At the moment, I can't see how I would do this, other than deleting my current outlook identity (and maybe even risking deleting saved emails stored in my local folders), then using the outlook wizard to start up my identity again and input a different name.

I hope you can understand what the problem is. I'd appreciate some help. Thanks.

smegs 23:07 29 Jan 04

Open OE, goto Tools, Accounts, Another window opens, goto Mail tab. There you should be able to change the names.

mgmcc 23:09 29 Jan 04

In Outlook Express menus "Tools > Accounts", select the "Mail" tab, highlight the Account to change and click "Properties". Now change your name in User Information.

smegs 23:11 29 Jan 04

mgmcc, forgot to put the PROPERTIES bit in. Sorry the_face.

the_face 10:00 30 Jan 04

thank goodness. This has been driving me potty for ages.

Too bad the help section doesn't allude to this at all.

Many thanks anyway. That's made my day!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…