can't change my desktops

Susie blue 20:54 06 Oct 05

I know the obvious ways to do this, right click on desk top etc. I had a virus and after about a week I eventually uninstalled (NORTON, reinstalled and ran, got live updates, ran a stinger program (from McAfee) downloaded spybot. Anyway, my system seems clear, but now all users (except me) on my home pc have boring blue desktop & small icons. Can't change it.
Any ideas for more thorough virus/trojan/etc searches, or how else to change desktop?(I know it is only minor thing - but system restore isn't playing either - this worries me!)

ICF 21:01 06 Oct 05
  Susie blue 21:04 06 Oct 05

Thanks - looks good, but do you know what 'don't use on productive systems as can cause errors' means? Am starting back on degree programme, and do not need dodgy pc!

ICF 21:14 06 Oct 05

Were does it say that?

I have used this for a while now with no problems

ICF 21:15 06 Oct 05

Susie blue:- said
"and do not need dodgy pc"

You already have LOL

Susie blue 21:21 06 Oct 05

OK don't rub it in!

On the ewido front page it has little provocative button that promises free scan for virus trojan etc, so clicked that and the next page warns it is a 'unfinished beta scanner' (?!) and that is where it says about causing errors.

But you reckon it is OK?

ICF 21:24 06 Oct 05

Sorry we are at cross purposes here.I'm talking about the program you download from the site not the on-line scanner.

Susie blue 21:30 06 Oct 05

phew just in the nick of time.

OK will give that a shot too. (watch this space!)

BRYNIT 21:32 06 Oct 05

If you do not have any problems with your user account why not delete the other accounts and create new accounts.

Susie blue 21:40 06 Oct 05

will that lose all the desktop bits? My (children) have their own passwords (that they think I do not know!) is it as simple as going to control panel, user accounts and deleting, then creating?

ICF 21:50 06 Oct 05

click here

Download HijackThis and copy and paste the log file into the box and let it analyse it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…