Cant change display settings XP Home SP3

tobyjug2007 17:49 21 Jul 09

Anybody got any ideas, i cant get my display settings to stay as i set them, all webpages including this one are too big, just run the display drivers disc, made no difference...i will format it soon, ive just got some things on eBay so dont wish to possibly miss the auction end...so a temporary fix would suffice, anyone help please?
Thanks

mrwoowoo 20:55 21 Jul 09

In internet explorer you can change the text size of web pages.
To change the text size on a Web page,whilst in Internet explorer .Select the Page menu then point to text size and choose a smaller sized option.

bluto1 21:18 21 Jul 09

Go Start>ControlPanel>Display.
In Display there are 5 tabs across the top, click on Settings and you'll now have to experiment by moving the LOW to HIGH bar a tiny bit at a time then go to the bottom of the window and click Apply then OK. Try 800 X 600 to start with. If whatever you set is not satisfactory start again. But always click APPLY after changes.

tobyjug2007 23:36 21 Jul 09

Ive done all that when i click apply and then ok, it changes whenever i open another page....scanned for viruses and malware nothing, totally puzzled!!!

Kevscar1 06:49 22 Jul 09

Try Zoom on your toolbar. Make sure you only have one browser open. They will always open at that size afterards

ambra4 08:37 22 Jul 09

Is the Colour Quality set to “Medium (16Bit) or Highest (32Bit)

Stuartli 11:21 22 Jul 09

Normally the correct Text size in Internet Explorer is Medium, which also applies to Outlook Express (saves oversized fonts in printed e-mails!)

However, you may have inadvertently altered the font sizes in IE (if you use it) or Firefox via the Ctrl+ method.

In both cases, if you use Ctrl+ (and then) - or + to reduce or increase font sizes (alternatively Ctrl + and the mouse scroll wheel), the size chosen is retained until changed again.

tobyjug2007 11:36 22 Jul 09

Many thanks to all suggestions its greatly appreciated, however out of shere frustration i decided to format my PC and whew everythings back to normal, thanks guys :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…