Can't change from 640x480 + 4bit colour

woodbexhill 16:46 25 Sep 05

Shut down PC normally last night, appeared to be no problems. Just turned PC on today, and the colours are stuck on 4bit and the resolution on 640x480. Display adapter seems to be installed correctly. The drivers are the correct version and have worked fine up and til now, same goes for the monitor.

Whenever I switch the settings over, it just reverts back to these ugly settings. So - work of a virus, or is it something else?

Any help greatly appreciated.

LastChip 16:52 25 Sep 05

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:19 25 Sep 05

corrupted driver reinstall.

woodbexhill 19:52 25 Sep 05

Windows XP

I'll try re-installing the driver now.

LastChip 21:00 25 Sep 05

try system restore back to a date prior to the problem starting.

Chegs ® 01:20 26 Sep 05

I presume its an NVidia driver,probably 77.77 as I have been having exactly the same issues after reboot.I usually reinstall the driver again,but twice now this has left me with a refresh rate way higher than my monitor can use.First time it happened,I reinstalled the whole C:\ drive from an image,second time I used safemode to reinstall the 53.03 driver(despite warning from file that it was older)This happened twice on my main PC (XP Home)several times more on my daughters PC(also using 77.77,but XP Pro)so I am seriously doubting this files stability.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…