Can't boot into Vista after downloading SP2

Max1mus 00:49 30 Jun 09

I hope someone can give me a work round for this. I believe downloading SP2 has broken my OS,as this was the last thing I downloaded, although I think I checked my email after downloading (after shutdown/restart)so could be malware problem.
Trouble is when I start now it does not go through POST, holding at the first paragraph of info, hence I can't go into safe mode.
The disc I have is a manufacturers disc and doesn't have a repair mode. Could I use another computers original MS disc to boot or is it possible to download a boot disc from somewhere.
Any ideas folks?

brundle 00:58 30 Jun 09

POST doesn't involve/take any notice of the installed OS at all.
"holding at the first paragraph of info" - can you clarify? What information is shown - hard drives, optical drives, memory installed and checked? Unplug all hardware except keyboard/mouse/monitor and try again. Do you hear any beeps when starting the machine?

Max1mus 23:48 30 Jun 09

I believe the paragraph is only the BIOS maker & version & this is as far as it gets. Unfortunately I can't check because while cleaning & testing components fit ok in case any had worked loose, the front panel fell off the table & snapped the wires & terminals from the panel completely.
Sorry to be a pain to everyone but does anyone know if it is possible to use the unused terminals on the switches to reconnect a start & reset buttons?
Never rains but pours eh?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5