Can't boot my PC from CD-Rom

jono366 23:20 30 Nov 03

I have an old Packard Bell system, running a pentiumm 2 166mhz processor, i was running windows 98 in it until i had a problem, therefor i formatted the drive and set the BIOS to boot from the CD-Rom. When I start the system it posts and the i get the message OS Loading and nothing happens. I did originally have a set-up floppy for the OS but this was damaged. Do i need this to boot, and if so can i make another fron the original CD or can i get it else where.

ahales42 23:33 30 Nov 03

I think you`ll have to ask a friend to make you a boot floppy. is your 98 cd an upgrade disk?

Giggle n' Bits 23:36 30 Nov 03

a floppy boot disk for Win98/98Se would help if you get the Packard Bell splash screen in the way.
try click here

If using just the 98/98Se Cd you boot from this and will get 3 options choose option 1 and follow the onscreen instructions.

You may get a screen saying something like your system already has an operating system on etc. Proceed and ignore this. You will have to select with arrow key.

Drivers for your machine can be obtained from the P.bell website UK in the Legacy systems.

jono366 23:37 30 Nov 03

The 98 disc was from a newer pc that i had it came with the set-up floppy. Is there no facilty on the disk to re-do this.

jono366 23:42 30 Nov 03

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…