Can't Boot HP Laptop

Mad Gilbert 17:16 05 Apr 10

For the past few months I've been having an issue with my HP NX6125 laptop. When switched on, you can hear the fans start and the lights flash on but once seems about to boot it then stops and seems to get stuck in a cycle of trying to start up.

I can hear the hard drive start momentarily, the HD light also flashes briefly but then the fans and HD stop and the cycle repeats every few seconds until the machine just sits there doing nothing but with fans running.

At no point does anything appear on the screen. I can't get into the BIOS screen and I can't boot from CD either.

Sometimes it'll start up first time, sometimes after a few attempts and sometimes it just refuses altogether.

I've swapped the memory modules in and out and reseated the HD but this has not helped.

Once it starts it runs fine.

Any pointers much appreciated!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:25 05 Apr 10

ENter BIOS disable floppy seek - check HDD is first boot device and set as first device if required.
Try aso disabling memory check.

Mad Gilbert 17:49 05 Apr 10

Thanks for the response. Not sure how to do that though, I can't reach the BIOS screen?

The machine just doesn't seem to be able to start the HD spinning correctly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…