CAn't boot

maiden7802 12:25 19 Jul 09

I'm stuck in a loop. When I boot up everything appears to progress normally, I get the Windows XP screen with the loading bar going from left to right then I get the blue screen.

The message is 'Stop C0000219. Session manager initialization unexpectedly termimated 0xc000009a'

I've managed to run chkdsk which doesn't find any problem.

I've also tried to get it to start in safe mode but after pressing to start safe mode the line at the bottom fills from left to right then . . nothing. It just sits there.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Jollyjohn 13:45 19 Jul 09

Pop your WXP cd in and boot from it. Ignore the first invitation to repair Windows, progress as if to install.
The existing version of WXP will be detected and you will be given the option to repair existing installation. Accept this and follow the screen prompts.
If you do not get the option to repair DO NOT proceed as the installation will format the HDD.

GaT7 14:04 19 Jul 09

First off try starting-up via the 'Last Known Good Configuration' feature click here.

If no joy, try a System Restore at the Command prompt click here.

If still no joy, & you have the original XP install disk, try a repair-install:

Simple guide: click here.

If you can, & is necessary for you, connect the non-working drive to a working PC to do a data backup prior to attempting the above. Also, whilst connected to the working PC, use the free version of HD Tune click here to do a thorough Error Scan of the affected drive in Windows.

More detailed guide: click here or click here

All the best, G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5