Can't backup to intenal CD-R

nickhick 10:12 15 May 04

Hi there.

I thought that I'd use Windows XP Home edition's Backup utility to backup 'My Documents' to my internal CD-R internal drive on my laptop. However, when I tick "My Documents" and then press 'Backup now' I get an error message that says "The backup filename could not be used.........D:\ Backup.bkf etc. Please ensure it is a valid path and thay you have sufficient access."
Cannot Windows XP's CD burning application - a cut down version of Roxio's Easy CD creator, perform this function?
I can backup to other external drives such as a Zip drive or solid state memory card, so why not CD-R or CD-RW.?

Eric10 21:12 15 May 04

I've just tried this and got the same as you. If you click here you may find it helpful. I tried it but found the File option in my Backup was greyed out but that may be because I have 3rd party burning software installed. If you find the same then the best I can offer is that you could zip your files and "Send to" your CD burner. It means abandoning the Backup program but it worked for me.

nickhick 09:09 16 May 04

Thanks Eric10 for your suggestions.
I can already 'Send To' my various files etc to a CD-R or CD-RW etc by doing as you suggested or by dragging and dropping etc. but this does not give a backup file as such as in the true sense that the backup utility gives - it only copies your files to another location, which, as far as I'm concerned is perfectly good enough?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…