can`t apply resolution changes

pub 06:15 21 Jan 06

I can go into the set-up menu to change screen resolution etc.,and change colours using the drop down menu.I then click apply and restart.My pc then restarts but nothing has changed,it`s still at 16 colours on a low resolution.I am running windows 98 with a pentium 3 processor and 128mb of ram and an 8gb hard drive.Not alot I know but it is only my daughters.
Thanks

You need to find iout what motherboard you have, then install the drivers for it. If you need help - post back what motherboard you have and we can help with some direction. Make and model of motherboard.

Then you need to install the drivers for your graphics card. Same applies if you have problems, make and model.

Have you recently reinstalled windows?

Totally-braindead 09:17 21 Jan 06

As tommo2000 has said either the motherboard drivers are not installed or the graphics card drivers are not installed or both. You need to install them, if you don't have the disk post back as tommo2000 asked with the make/model so someone can show you where to get the drivers you need.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…