cant add attachments to email

woofwoofbark 17:01 18 Mar 05

when i send email a rarely add attachments like pictures ect but last night I had a funny pic i was going to send to a friend but i noticed the 'Attach File' button is greyed out both on my IE and on my BT Yahoo Broadband Browser , does anyone know why or how I can get the funtion working ?

Technotiger 17:04 18 Mar 05

Hi, what e-mail program are your using? I would strongly recommend that you download/install
Incredimail (free).

woofwoofbark 17:10 18 Mar 05

sorry it was the email , i have tried incredimail but threw it away coz it wouldnt let me login to my yahoo emails or even with my bt.internet account , i went into tools and added new account and they loaded ok but for some reason it keeps saying invalid password but my hotmail account was working just fine , do i have to upgrade from my free email accounts to the paid versions to be able to use them with incredimail ( my hotmail account is the free version and works fine though)

Technotiger 17:15 18 Mar 05

Well I use a hotmail address via Incredimail, if you already have a hotmail address you should not have any problem with incredimail - in incredimail's FAQ's it does explain how to setup using hotmail. My hotmail is also the free version.

Technotiger 17:17 18 Mar 05

I have just looked at mine, and in the FAQ's there are instructions for using it with Yahoo.

woofwoofbark 17:55 18 Mar 05

When incredimail starts I get this from a popup using my account

Authorization Failure.

Please review "Server Details" below,and if necessary,validate your account Username and Password

Server Details
ERR popgate unknown command

with my email address i get the same popup but error says

=ERR Error logging in.Please visit click here

i have no idea what to try now ??

Technotiger 19:04 18 Mar 05

Me again - I don't think this has anything to do with Incredimail itself - when you start Incredimail it is normal for it to attemp to log-on to the internet. Logging-on is done from within, so in the btinternet log-on window you should click on Properties or Settings to physically go through the full procedure within the properties/settings dialog, re-typing everything including your password - just as if it was the first time you were doing it - even without changing anything (unless you find a mistake) then just complete the procedure.

Then I would advise a complete re-start of Windows and try Incrediamil again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…