Can't access web page

DJM 21:44 28 Apr 04

There is a website that I often visit and for some reason I can't access it from home at the moment but the site is definately up and running as I had a look at college today. This has been going on a few days, I've tried emptying the cache but not sure what else to do.

The screen I get when I try to access the site is the "The page cannot be displayed" one. I'm not having this trouble with any other sites.

I have two computers at home on a wireless network, can't see the site from either. Windows 98 on one XP on the other and IE 6.0 on both.

Can anyone help with this please.

Thanks

Wak 09:27 29 Apr 04

Hi, Some sites demand that their cookie is ALLOWED before they will show therefore check that their cookie isn't being blocked by either I.E. or some Spyware blocker.
Check in the Web Site name on the address bar for the cookie heading.
Can you tell us the name of the site so that we can check for you???

DJM 15:26 29 Apr 04

Wak

The website is click here - please do check if you don't mind.

I've not obviously changed anything on my computer but may have by mistake!

Thanks

DJM

crimbo 16:16 29 Apr 04

Hi, I accessed the site without a problem, very interesting! Have you tried repairing Internet Explorer, by going into add/remove programmes, click on IExplorer, then click repair

Wes Tam ;-) 16:37 29 Apr 04

No problem here.

DJM 16:59 29 Apr 04

I had tried accessing it from college so know the site is OK. It is both my computers that are affected. Could it be something strange to do witht our firewall (we've not changed anything)?

TomJerry 17:04 29 Apr 04

Have you/kids insatlled any web filtering software? Or have you changed "Content Advisor setting". The site you mentioned maybe mistook by some web filtering programs as a unsuitable site and block it due to the site's name.

DJM 17:09 29 Apr 04

No, we've not changed anything. The Content Advisor is not enabled.

TomJerry 21:31 29 Apr 04

Does your isp has some kind of web filtering function such as child safe etc? I really think it is blocked by some kind of firewall or content fltering.

DJM 06:58 30 Apr 04

We use Freeserve (Broadband) which is now Wannadoo. Perhaps they changed something when the company changed - I'll check.

Do you think it could be our own firewall? Again, I've not changed anything that I realised!

Thanks for the help.

TomJerry 01:24 01 May 04

Still think it is the content filtering or control, not firewall. The site you mention is very plain in terms of security and will not be blocked by firewall because no secuirty threat. However, the site may contain some words (due to the nature of the site) which offend some content filtering (e.g. so called child safe or parent control).

By the way, some firewall software (such as ZoneAlarm Pro) may has web conten filtering function.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…