Cant access System Information in XP

mikejd1972 19:21 13 Apr 04

Help!

Just tried to access the System Information in Windows XP Home edition, through All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Info. However, each time it brings up the Help and Support Centre!! Even when I try and access it through the help centre it does the same.

Why is this happening and how do i fix it?

Cheers

Mike

BurrWalnut 19:27 13 Apr 04

Here's a partial solution that I use :-

Go to the shortcut for System Information, right click it, then Properties, Shortcut Tab and in the Target box add the words (without quotes) "*/categories*+all*-loadedmodules" to the end of it. The asterisks represent spaces.

It still appears within the "help" window but, at least, the information is displayed.

ade.h 19:44 13 Apr 04

Just tested mine and works OK. Here's the full pathe from the Target box; check it against your own:

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSInfo\msinfo32.exe"

mikejd1972 19:48 13 Apr 04

The path is the same on mine, but still opens the Help Centre! But tried 'msinfo32 /categories +all -loadedmodules ' - without the quotes, this works! So it must be the shortcut thats the problem?

Graham ® 20:06 13 Apr 04

Can you clarify the target, please? I posted on this subject yonks ago, never did solve it.

Graham ® 20:10 13 Apr 04

BurrWalnut, sorry, didn't credit you with the target info.

mikejd1972 20:16 13 Apr 04

Target - System information? is that what you mean? Sorry, bit of a novice with computers

mikejd1972 20:17 13 Apr 04

Got this 'msinfo32 /categories +all -loadedmodules ' from a previous thread,

mikejd1972 21:16 13 Apr 04

Fixed it using this link: click here

Graham ® 21:40 13 Apr 04

mikejd1972, glad you're sorted, and your solution is bookmarked. But we're all wondering how you got it? :-)

mikejd1972 21:47 13 Apr 04

Graham, from this thread: click here

The post is timed at 17.24 and includes the link I used!

A problem shared is a problem solved!

Cheers all,

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…