Can't access Premium Bonds winnings page.

bob308w 15:32 13 Nov 08

I can access the NS&I page, and all of the pages on the site, but when I put my number in the panel on the Premium Bonds page, and select it to show what I have won, it goes to "IE cannot display the webpage". Presumably I have inadvertantly changed a setting, as the site works fine on another PC, but what? Running IE7 and XP. Website; click here

jolorna 07:18 14 Nov 08

try this link click here

bob308w 07:34 14 Nov 08

That page comes up if I refresh the "IE cannot display...etc" page, it does not work either. I am also having problems with Windows Media Player 11 playing DVD's, although Audio CD's are fine. could there be a connection?

birdface 08:12 14 Nov 08

Try it with your Firewall turned off.

bob308w 10:49 14 Nov 08

I have Windows firwall, and have yet to find a way to turn it off! It can't be done in Control Panel, the turn off button is greyed out.

birdface 12:02 14 Nov 08

If on XP I don't think it would be Windows Firewall causing the problem then.Is that on the security center that it is greyed out.Or does that happen when you open Windows Firewall in control panel.That would only leave Anti-virus Or Anti-Spyware program.Or maybe an ISP problem.

bob308w 12:23 14 Nov 08

Yes, it's XP. Anti-virus is Bullguard, Fire wall is Windows, Bullguard Firewall is turned off. It's greyed out both in Security centre and Control panel. Accessing the website has been fine for the past couple of years, I must have changed something, somewhere, recently, but what?

anniesboy 12:39 14 Nov 08

Just for your information ,I run two Vista PCs with Bullguard ,I can access the NSI website with no problem.
I use Bullguard firewall/anti virus/anti spyware.

bob308w 12:51 14 Nov 08

So could I until this month.

lotvic 13:10 14 Nov 08

Could be the cookies are not enabled for website click here

""Site conditions of use
5. This website uses both permanent and session cookies. Please see our Privacy policy for an explanation of our use of cookies.

Privacy policy
You can set your Internet browser software to disallow the use of cookies. You will find instructions on how to do this in the Help facility of your browser software. Please note however that application forms and other processes on this website require the use of session cookies for correct operation.""

birdface 14:04 14 Nov 08

Do you have Windows Defender or Windows one care on your computer I am sure one of those uses Windows Firewall.Things to try.Tools.Internet Options.Security.Make sure everything is set to default level.Then do the same with privacy,If no different try Advanced.And reset advanced settings. or advanced and Reset,But only as a last resort.Add-ons Disable all of your add-ons.If that works switch them back on 1 at a time until you find the one causing the problem.Or command prompt.Type in ipconfig /flushdns a little space after the ipconfig and the forward slash or it will not work.It should tell you DNS has been flushed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…