Cant access my Router Configuration/Limited or No

PC New 12:58 23 Jan 07

I previously used these help pages as I could not set up my wireless network due to "Limited or No Connectivity problem". I entered my address for my netgear DG 834G v3 and disabled WEP which seemed to cure the problem for some unknown reason. I still had intermittent problems and finally decided to take my desktop and lap top back to factory settings and to start from scratch. I am now back to sqaure one and do not have wireless access, although everything shows as fine. I think my problem is something to do with an Automatic private Address 169.254.69.244 and as i said, the only way i could resolve it before was byu going to click here and removing security. However, I can't seem to do this now, either through run command or in my internet search bar. Any advice would be appreciated as this is taking over my life !!. I am new to Networks.

mgmcc 13:55 24 Jan 07

The reason you cannot access the router's setup by entering 192.168.0.1 into your browser (you don't need to include the "http" bit) is because your PC has an APIPA "169.254" IP address. Connect to the router by ethernet cable and give your Local Area Connection the fixed IP address of 192.168.0.2 with Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0 and then see if you can access the router. After making the necessary changes, set the Local Area Connection back to getting its IP and DNS Server addresses automatically. (The DNS will have changed to fixed addresses when the IP was changed, even though you didn't enter anything.)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos