Cant access my router anymore!

MjWoNeR 13:53 03 Aug 06

I have a Netgear WGT624v3 and i was trying to forward a port for Http File Server.
Since i already had a port open for a torrent client it wouldnt accept an other port for an other application on the same ip.
Then the internet went down and after a minute the internet came back up, but this time when i type 192.168.1.1 to enter the router setup it says "Page not found".

Any ideas?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

FelixTCat 14:11 03 Aug 06

MjWoNeR,

Are you on an ethernet connection to the router? If so, try 192.168.0.1 as the setup address.

If all else fails, and you cannot get in, reset to the default settings and start again.

Regards,

Felix

MjWoNeR 14:23 03 Aug 06

FelixTCat ethernet?
Not really sure, i am not that good with networking.

Its wireless though. I tried some of the solutions i saw in other threads like turn it off for some time and various othe stuff but none really worked.

I am going to reset now and post back with the results!

Thanks for the quick reply!

FelixTCat 14:32 03 Aug 06

Hi MjWoNeR,

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you. There are 2 ways to connect a pc to a wireless router. One is wirelessly, the other is by connecting a wire, called an ethernet able, between one of the ports on the back of the router and the network port on the pc.

It is always preferable to make changes to a router's settings by a wired connection in case the change involves the wireless settings and then it can be difficult to re-establish contact - it's much easier through a wire.

Regards,

Felix

FelixTCat 14:34 03 Aug 06

Hi MjWoNeR,

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you. There are 2 ways to connect a pc to a wireless router. One is wirelessly, the other is by connecting a wire, called an ethernet able, between one of the ports on the back of the router and the network port on the pc.

It is always preferable to make changes to a router's settings by a wired connection in case the change involves the wireless settings and then it can be difficult to re-establish contact - it's much easier through a wire.

Regards,

Felix

MjWoNeR 14:43 03 Aug 06

No worries at least i learned what ethernet is.

I did the reset on the router, actually i did a couple resets but still i cant access the router by the default 192.168.1.1 either with mozilla or IE or from an other laptop and one more desktop. It always says "Page Not Found".

I tried to ping the router from the command line but it cant seem to be able to ping for some reason.

I pinged my computer and it did fine though.

And all PC's are conected wirelessly.

MjWoNeR 14:48 03 Aug 06

I pinged again on 192.168.1.1 and this time it worked. I pinged 192.168.0.1 but it timed out.

I wish i knew what went wrong!

MjWoNeR 14:55 03 Aug 06

This time i really pinged the right address of my PC and worked.

I am supposed to press the reset button for 30sec in order to work or just press it which i did?

ade.h 15:30 03 Aug 06

If you just pressed the button, then you performed a reboot, which achieves little or nothing. Not all routers are capable of performing an external factory reset, so I suggest that you do some reading: click here and the manual is on the left.

MjWoNeR 15:36 03 Aug 06

Well finally!

I had to keep the button for 30sec in order to do a reset. Then i took a laptop downstairs to reconfigure it and everything now works great!

Thnx for the link to the manual. appreciated!
I'am going to need it since i just moved in sweden and the manual is in swedish!

Thank for the replies guys!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…