cant access laptop wont recognise password

nonowtatall 02 Jun 13

i cant access my laptop it keeps putting a box up with a red cross in the top left hand corner and it nsays this C:\windows\system32\keymgr.dll is either notdesigned to runon windows or it contains an error try installing the program again using the original instalation media or contact yoursystem adminiastrator or software vendor for support LogonUI.exe-Bad image what can i do to put this right as i am desperate i wish i had never put a password in now

Nontek 03 Jun 13

Two important questions - What OS? Do you have an Original OS Disc?

nonowtatall 03 Jun 13

hi nontec i have an asus with windows7 home edition but i never got a disc when i bought it i also tells me that the user profile service failed the logon

user profile cannot be loaded

i can access my laptop when i go into safe mode

nonowtatall 03 Jun 13

hello nontec it also tells me in a box SMARTLOGON.EXE APPLICATION ERROR then a red x and the applicationwas unable to start correcly (0xc0000006) click to close application

Nontek 03 Jun 13

Well that is good, Safe Mode may be your savior.

While in safe mode you should be able to create for yourself a New Profile (with Administrative right). Then run scannow to try and do a repair.

create new profile

scannow

nonowtatall 03 Jun 13

hello nontec when i go into usr accounts the add or rmove accounts wont open there is a yellow and blue shield next to it but the change your password and remove your password are clear and open when clicked should i chance doing that

Nontek 03 Jun 13

I guess yes, if nothing else works, worth a chance.

Or it would probably be better to try a System Restore while in safe mode, back to before you had this problem.

timjonessupport 24 Jul 13

I've used a repair tool from click here which you can use to reset all windows passwords, used it a few times on clients computers which works a treat.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message