cant access the internet using windows vista

rudders82 09:38 17 Dec 10

please advise me

i`m having problems with my pc says it wont connect to the internet
i have a belkin router and all the lights are green when i log on to the belkin setup it tells me the internet is connected in the right hand corner. i click the internet explorer and nothing just says page cannot be displayed also the little computers in bottom there is normally a little blue arrow to say connected but there not there just says local connection only. it says something bout dns but i`ve tried numourous things but just cannot get on . can anybody help is it a case my computer needs to be reloaded with windows ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:41 17 Dec 10

To repair and reset the Windows Vista Winsock

1. Click on Start button.
2. Type Cmd in the Start Search text box.
3. Press Ctrl-Shift-Enter keyboard shortcut to run Command Prompt as Administrator. Allow elevation request.
4. Type netsh winsock reset in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.
5. Restart the computer.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:43 17 Dec 10

and if that didn't work then try:

1. Click on Start button.
2. Type Cmd in the Start Search text box.
3. Press Ctrl-Shift-Enter keyboard shortcut to run Command Prompt as Administrator. Allow elevation request.
4. Type netsh int ip reset in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.
5. Restart the computer.

rudders82 11:24 17 Dec 10

ok if this dont work any other ideas ?

birdface 11:42 17 Dec 10

Try Internet options.Administration tools.Services and scroll down to DNS Client and make sure it is set to automatic.
Or try.
Command prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns and press enter on the keyboard,It should tell you DNS cache has been flushed ,if so reboot and see if it makes any difference.
Or try the Fix it on this.

click here

rudders82 11:57 17 Dec 10

the fix it ? where ?

birdface 12:32 17 Dec 10

On the click here if you scroll down a bit.

rudders82 12:40 17 Dec 10

how can i do this if i cant acccess the internet at home ?

rudders82 12:41 17 Dec 10

cheers found it i`ll try and let u know thanks for the help

mooly 12:49 17 Dec 10

If the problem is with the pc would system restore help... just go back to a date you know it was all OK,

click here

Could it be problem with the actual internet service as "local connection" usually means the PC is "talking" to the router OK.

rudders82 12:58 17 Dec 10

i`ve been in touch with talk talk they have told e there is a signal going to the line so any ideas Mooly

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…