Can't access i-tunes store

Venezia 21:31 06 Feb 05

Having just bought an expensive i-river jukebox, I find that I'm unable to access the i-tunes music store. The help menu suggests this is because one or more of my security filters or firewall is blocking it. How can i tell which one, if any? I've tried disabling and even uninstalling them one by one but nothing makes any difference. I've system restored to enable them again for the time being. I-tunes then suggest I report the problem by using the music store customer service - which, of course, I can't access - that's the problem in the first place!

octal 21:46 06 Feb 05

It could be something in your hosts file blocking it. Try searching for hosts without any extension, when you find it try renaming it to hosts.old so that it can be restored if that's not the problem.

octal 21:50 06 Feb 05

If you are using Windows XP its in:

Venezia 22:20 06 Feb 05

thanks - tried that but made no difference.

octal 22:24 06 Feb 05

Fair enough, it was worth a try. Just checking, is this the site? Just hover the cursor over the link to read the URL: click here

Venezia 22:31 06 Feb 05

octal 22:43 06 Feb 05

OK, the site is working because I can get in. The night crew might have some ideas. If I think of anything overnight I'll check back in.

Venezia 06:58 07 Feb 05

OK -thanks.

octal 07:16 07 Feb 05

Sorry I've had no further thoughts, but you might indicate what the problem is, are you getting a blank page? Are you getting a blank page but the site is trying to load? Are you getting an error message telling you the page can't be found?

Hopefully that might help with someone trying to help.

Venezia 21:08 07 Feb 05

The error message reads:"I tunes could not connect to the music store. The network connection was refused."

Venezia 06:59 08 Feb 05

I'm giving up with i-tunes. If they make it this difficult for customers they don't deserve my business.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…