//some 3rd party need geo

Can't access hotmail over wireless internet

Mr Scone 22:51 19 Sep 05

Hiya, hope someone can shed some light on this little problem.

I have set up a home network which consists of 1 PC downstairs connected via a cable to a wireless ADSL modem/router, and another PC upstaris connected via the wireless connection. The problem is (apart from many dropped connections over wireless) that I can't access my hotmail e-mails on the upstairs PC (wireless one). I can downstairs so am confused as to why i'm having trouble upstairs!! My friend has now bought the same modem router (A Trendnet TEW-434BRM) and relys totally on a wireless connection and again can't access hotmail! Is there some kind of firewall blocking hotmail or is there something else?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

MS

palinka 15:41 20 Sep 05

^

Mr Scone 20:06 20 Sep 05

^ Anyone?

Mr Scone 10:30 24 Sep 05

refresh

mco 10:56 24 Sep 05

so you're saying you can get online but it won't let you access hotmail? What message comes up? Sorry I can't be of any use but maybe if we keep upping it someone will know. I too have wireless and have no trouble with hotmail.

Micromagic 11:26 24 Sep 05

Hi Mr Scone

I had a similar problem of not being able
to access Hotmail as well as Yahoo.

Tried various ways unsuccessfully; even
several help emails from Hotmail & Yahoo
had no effect.

Eventually, I uninstalled my Zone Alarm
software and suddenly everything became
as wonderful as I expected from my wireless
modem & router which is BT Voyager 2100.
This removal also solved the slight problem
at Trustnet website.
It could be a simple problem of a firewall.
But I couldn't find firewall of Zone Alarm.

Mr Scone 11:28 24 Sep 05

Thanks for the replies

The message I get is

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

I'll try uninstalling zonealarm and see if that helps

MS

Payroll2 11:30 24 Sep 05

Had a similar problem and found it to be my virus protection software PC-Cillin i temp disabled the firewall and lo and behold hotmail worked reinstalled firewall and everything is still working ok.

Mr Scone 11:30 24 Sep 05

Well, that seems to have solved it. Shut down ZA and got straight on to hotmail.Thanks Micromagic! Looks like i'll have to put my faith in Windows firewall after all!

Thank you people :0)

MS

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…