Can't access hotmail

Axii9 16:05 23 Dec 04

Can't access hotmail. No other problems. It has been a few days trying at various times. I can get to the login in page but no further.

*Silver*Hawk* 16:07 23 Dec 04

what happens?

Axii9 16:14 23 Dec 04

Well, basically nothing. The page is titally blank.

*Silver*Hawk* 16:56 23 Dec 04

try a different browser

Axii9 17:00 23 Dec 04

I have tried both IE and Mozilla Firfox, which is my regular browser. Same.

*Silver*Hawk* 17:19 23 Dec 04

try disabling a firewall if you have one. Just briefly though.

Stuartli 17:36 23 Dec 04

If you read the Mozilla FAQs you will find the reason in the case of Thunderbird:

click here

Madpad_001 17:48 23 Dec 04

I have had this problem before, all I did was clear the history, run adware/spy bot.

The problem was I had some adware that redirected me to another site each time I logged to hotmail, but clearing the history etc worked a treat, so good luck.

Axii9 15:36 24 Dec 04

I tried the above advice. Still nowt. I was able to access it fine via the hotmail site whilst using Moxilla before. It suddenly just stopped working.

I have Ad-aware, Spy Sweeper, Norton. All updated and have run checks. I even ran stinger. No joy.

I can't think what it could be. Maybe something other than a bug?

VoG II 15:42 24 Dec 04

Try running CleanUp! click here

Click the Options button and ensure it is set to delete cookies.

VoG II 15:44 24 Dec 04

But before you do that, use Windows Explorer to navigate to

and look for a file called HOSTS (no file extension). If you find it, right click it and rename it to hosts.txt, restart PC.

If you have a version of Windows earlier than 2000 the file would be in C:\windows

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…