Can't access Help and Support Center in XP home

TimCDC 22:36 02 Jul 03

I've lost access to help and support center in XP home. When I click the links in start menu and in control panel, nothing happens. I've also noted some rogue folders on my c drive, which may be related? Those folders are empty, with the exception of a file that I can't open, and that microsoft's tool doesn't recognise. I've scanned my system with uptodate virus and spyware scanners, and found nothing. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks,

beeuuem 23:35 02 Jul 03

You could try the following:-

1/

Start Menu/Help and Support doesn't work: Go to Start/Run and type in: helpctr -regserver

2/

To reinstall Help and Support: Go to C:\Windows\inf\pchealth.inf. Right click and choose install. Have your CD handy.

Note: The folder is hidden by default. Go to Start/Run and type in: control folders. View: Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide extensions for known file types.

These usually work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…