Cant access Google

amonra 13:54 16 Oct 05

XP Home Dell Dimension 8400, 1Mb BB by Wanadoo

When I switch this computer on first thing in the morning, click on I Explorer, google home page OK, system works. Use the machine for an hour or so, no probs. Go away and return in the afternoon, click on I Explorer, cant get access, ie. cant find server. Restart machine and away we go.
This has only occurred since I removed McAffee Firewall and installed Zone alarm. It's not a major problem since I can do a restart and carry on normally, but it is puzzling. Any advice gratefully received. Derrick.

keith-236785 14:09 16 Oct 05

strange that, only real suggestion i can make is to try turning off zone alarm for a moment (right click the icon and "shutdown zone alarm") note that your pc will be unprotected while doing this, as soon as you have tried it turn it back on Start/All Programs/zone labs/zone alarm security) to see if you can then connect to google. (dont forget to turn it on again) as you will be unprotected. ( i know i have repeated that, its important) if you still cant connect then at least you have ruled out zone alarm. also check your windows firewall isnt on and blocking the internet.

do an online scan at click here for virus/spyware etc

i have used zone alarm for years now along with AVG anti-virus and have had no problems (touch wood)

it might be the computer is going into sleep mode and not waking up properly (sort of coming back into safe mode instead of full windows),,,,,but then im just guessing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…