can't access email using outlook express

kizmit 20:13 08 Dec 04

I have recently been having problems with viruses & spyware etc & have now installed spybot s&d, adaware se, AVG antivirus alongside my existing Norton 2004. Now I can no longer access my email using outlook express, although I can access newsgroups. I am now prompted for my blueyonder (ISP) password each time I try to access my email, but even with the correct password I still cannot gain access. I feel it has something to do with one or more of the aforementioned programs but don't know what - if anyone has any ideas of what to try I'd appreciate it.

Cook2 20:22 08 Dec 04

Add click here and it should stop most of the Spyware in the first place. It compliments Spybot S&D.

I'm with Blueyonder and use Avast! AV click here and Firewall click here and Eliminate Spam click here

without any problems.

Check Tools - Internet Options - Programs and make sure e-mail is set to Outlook Express.

bamfiesler 21:06 08 Dec 04

The problem is with OE, I'm certain. It doesn't like something that you've installed. Have you uninstalled these programs, or done a System Restore?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…