cant access Control panel, MyComputer Etc

leeknight67 22:13 16 Mar 05

I cant get into MyComputer, Control panel, search page etc, i have run norton windoctor and it keeps finding this problem and it says: Invalid activeX/com entries (1 problem) the activeX/com sections of your windows registry contain one or more invalid entries. this can cause documents to open inproperly applications not to run or your computer to crash. I then click repair and it says it has but i then scan it again and it comes up with it again. please help i dont know what to do. its windows xp packard bell

Technotiger 22:19 16 Mar 05

Hi, can you get to Start>All Programs>Accessories>SystemTools>SystemRestore

if you can follow the above, then try a System Restore to an Earlier Time. If you can get that far make sure you choose a date in the calender that is shown in Bold print.

Cheers.

leeknight67 22:22 16 Mar 05

I have tried to restore a few different dates but it says cannot restore to that
date no changes have been made

Technotiger 22:26 16 Mar 05

Were the dates you chose shown in Bold print?

Zaphod Beeblebrox 22:29 16 Mar 05

double post click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:29 16 Mar 05

Download MS Antispy click here Ccleaner click here and run them deleting all that they find. Sounds like a virus/worm. You need to run Ccleaner to cleasr out your temp files. If the above works you will need to turn off system restore to clear it and then turn it back on. Simply reverting back using system restore may not help.

You could also try Right click Internet explorer
> Select properties
> Click ADVANCED tab
> Navigate down to "Enable third party browser extentions", and de-select (remove the tick)
> Restart your computer. (if it is not there right click on IE, open IE and click on the "Tools" menu and select "internet option" you'll find the 3rd party browser extensions item in the "Advanced" tag.

G

G

leeknight67 12:40 20 Mar 05

ive found a trojan but it cant get rid of it. it says it does but it always comes back. and i still cant acess my computer, control panel etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant