Can't access ANY sites

tigertantrum 22:16 01 Mar 04

Can't get on any web sites, but can e-mail

I keep getting the error message “res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/navcancl.htm#click here. google.com“ and “res://C:\windows\System32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm�, on second attempt in AOL browser, with “This page can not be displayed�. “Cannot find server or DNS Error� in Internet Explorer. I can send e-mail though (hence this message).

When shutting down I get error message �navapsvc.exe Application error. The instruction 0x0040a31e referenced memory at 0x000000000. The memory could not be read.�

So far I've tried everything AOL have suggested. Removing AOL adapter, repairing IE, deleting, cookies, history, browser cache, unchecked all auto configuration and proxy server settings. I've also scanned for viruses/adware/spyware, cleaned the registry and tried repairing winsock 2 files. AOL told me to contact my PC dealer, trouble is, they've ceased trading. I'm Using Windows XP Home.

I would be grateful for any other suggestions.

Thanks.

VoG II 22:19 01 Mar 04

navapsvc.exe Application error is an error in Norton anti-virus. Try disabling Norton and try a safe site (e.g. click here)

VoG II 22:19 01 Mar 04

navapsvc.exe Application error is an error in Norton anti-virus. Try disabling Norton and try a safe site (e.g. click here)

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:20 01 Mar 04

Get a copy of IE6 on disk....insert and when you get to custom/typical page choose custom..ensure all options are ticked EXCEPT media player and languauges..continue loading and reboot.

You may like to look here as well as this has worked before....click here

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:20 01 Mar 04

Get a copy of IE6 on disk....insert and when you get to custom/typical page choose custom..ensure all options are ticked EXCEPT media player and languauges..continue loading and reboot.

You may like to look here as well as this has worked before....click here

G

VoG II 22:22 01 Mar 04

Also click here

VoG II 22:22 01 Mar 04

Also click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…