Can't access admin page again!!

dagbladet 17:40 21 Dec 05

Ticked too soon I'm afraid. Once again my d-link 604T is showing 4 static and 1 flashing green but there is no internet coming through. Again I cannot access the setup on All I get is timed out or page not found etc. Tried unplugging for between 5 mins and 1 hour after which it all seems to come on-line, network icon at the bottom right corner sometimes shows good and sometimes ltd/no connectivity. Either way there is no internet pages and no setup access.

dagbladet 17:42 21 Dec 05

I do have internet access via the B/band modem. Just thought that might help.

Forum Editor 18:20 21 Dec 05

when you say that you can't access the configuration page in your browser I'm puzzled.

The router is switched on, and connected to your PC via an ethernet cable isn't it?

Daveboy 18:30 21 Dec 05

Can you PING router address ?

Woolwell 18:44 21 Dec 05

The D link 604T FAQ download from the D Link site is quite good and describes a number of action which you can take to connect to the router. Check through ipconfig that your PC address is between and and that the submask is
If that is correct open IE connections and under LAN advanced uncheck automatically detect settings and make sure that there are no entries in the proxy section including the advanced tab. D Link advising turning off Firewall and Anti-Virus as well for trouble shooting. I wasn't too happy about this.

scotty 19:25 21 Dec 05

Could some other device be assigning a different address to the router? If this has happened you will need to perform a full reset (back to factory defaults) of the router.

stuc100 21:51 21 Dec 05

Try most routers use this as default unless you've changed it.

dagbladet 23:26 21 Dec 05

OK folks thanks so far. Sorry to be so long but just been to see one of my cherubs in the youth theatre panto, great to see them having fun but it can be the longest three and a half hours of your life. Anyway, back to computer stuff. I don't get it, not only can I not open any web pages, I can't access the router admin page. I'm satisfied that the address is right (, the interface is showing four steady and one flashing green. All the cables are plugged in and secure. Can somebody help me with 'ping router address', after which i'll look at the settings. Just to confirm that if I plug in the b/b modem that they sent when I signed up (speedtouch 330?) it works just fine.

scotty 23:56 21 Dec 05

Open a command (DOS) window.

At the C:\ prompt type PING and then press enter.

Woolwell 00:03 22 Dec 05

Have you checked your ipconfig and IE connection settings? If you have a proxy set up this can stop you accessing the router. Try turning off your Firewall software then opening The router has a hardware firewall so you should be ok while you briefly turn off your own firewall.

dagbladet 00:18 22 Dec 05

Scotty tried that, got request timed out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…