CanoScanFB520P problems with update to WindowsXP

Magic man 23:46 20 Jul 03

Can anybody suggest a solution that does not involve replacing the scanner with are more up to date model? Canon's web site not very helpful on this one.

Thingamejig.

Magic man 00:14 21 Jul 03

Sorry

Thingamejig alias Magic man

beeuuem 00:46 21 Jul 03

This is the driver from the Canon site
click here
The Toolbox download is click here

Somewhere95 01:27 21 Jul 03

I maybe a mile off track, but i had all sorts of probs with ANY USB2 scanner. Turned out to be a compatibility issue between the USB2 controller on the (and this is the important bit) Gigabyte motherboard running an Intel chipset. Worked fine when only Intel USB ports (x2) connected on mobo, but when remaining USB headers on mobo were connected (which use NEC controllers - NOT Intel) havoc rained down! Had to replace motherboard for one with SiS chipset in the end!!!! Mad

Magic man 15:31 21 Jul 03

Thank you beeuumm. I have downloaded this driver but it does not state that it is compatible with Windows XP. Can you confirm this is so. I am about to upgrade to XP and would like to think everything will work again afterwards!! Or is it wishful thinking?

mikef. 16:16 21 Jul 03

click here go to support/scanners your scanner has XP drivers

beeuuem 16:31 21 Jul 03

The driver is from the Canon site click here If you go to Download Software (on the left of page) > Scanners >FB320P on the list> XP (from the list of drivers)> English > you will be at the link address I gave you. Although the drivers may not be digitally signed by Microsoft they are for XP and will work.
Have faith! Drivers are not always digitally signed as, I believe, M/S charge the supplier for this.

Magic man 16:51 21 Jul 03

Thank you beeuuem and mikef.

I am sure the correct driver has now been downloaded, and would thank all who tried to be of assistance to me, for their trouble and kindness.

Magic man

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…