CanoScan LiDE 50 Worth buying?

pherpo 10:22 29 Oct 03

I have many photographs to scan into my computer.
My local store tells me this is the best scanner for my money.
Anybody got one? Is it worth buying for around ?65?

ardvarc 10:36 29 Oct 03

Just received mine from Ebuyer and about to set it up later today. It certainly looks the business and it has good bundled software. I paid ?64.02 including postage. My only criticism is that it was shipped in the retail box - no wrapping, no sealing, box was easily opened and contents were accessible.

ardvarc 10:38 29 Oct 03

Where's the ? ? sign gone

expertec 10:40 29 Oct 03

It is very good scanner and well worth the money

Sir Radfordin 10:41 29 Oct 03

Great scanner at a great price. Know lots of people who have been very happy with them.

JIM 11:20 29 Oct 03

buy it before every one else does.Super package scans very good.

I bought one of the Canon LIDE 50 from Argos of all places and it certainly is a brilliant machine.At the price it is ( ?69.95) it cannot be beaten. The best bit is drawing its power from the USB socket, and being USB2.0 compatible it is very fast.

Djohn 12:52 29 Oct 03

I've had the Lide 50 for several months now. Best scanner I've ever had, fast quiet, and so easy to use. I use mine constantly. Very rarely need to use the software, just pop a photo/document in and press the button on the front, then spend a couple of minutes trying to find which is the original and which is the copy. :o)

david4637 20:38 29 Oct 03

What is the difference between this version and the other Canon variants at a similar price that make the LiDE 50 the best. Thanks David

Djohn 20:53 29 Oct 03

If you mean the LiDE range, they are super slim and very stylish, can also be used stood on their side. a footplate holder comes supplied for this. Useful if your short of space. The LiDE 50 and above are full USB2 not sure on the specs. of the others in the Canon range. click here j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…