canoscan D1250U2 Software problems

Graham 13:55 02 Jan 03
  Graham 13:55 02 Jan 03

Has anybody else had problem with the supplied software freezing up when attemting to scan?

recap 14:03 02 Jan 03

What exactly is happening with the software? is it only when you perform certain tasks?

Have you set up the scanner correctly? sometimes you need the software on first before plugging in the scanner, things like that could cause problems.

Maughan 14:12 02 Jan 03

I have the same scanner (courtesy of Santa).

I have had some problems with the set up, including XP not recognising the connection for some time (a reinstall sorted that out), but I have not had any freezing or crashes (yet).

Which particular application is causing the problem and what exactly is the problem? What function are you performing when it freezes?

I would suggest a reinstall as the first attempted cure - note that the scanner must be plugged in and connected BEFORE youinstall the software.

€dstow 14:24 02 Jan 03

Un-install before you re-install otherwise it may not work.

Graham 14:50 02 Jan 03

Problem is both with the Toolbox and the Arcsoft 2000. Also downloaded latest version of driver from Canon. Worked twice OK then stopped again. Prog freezes and and windows 98 crashes on shutdown every time after scanning attempt. Suspect BIOS out of date (Ultra100 Ver 2.01 Promise Technology

Graham 18:17 03 Jan 03

Upgraded to Win XP and all OK

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…