CanoScan 5000f and Windows 7

Jodakist 12:51 06 Jul 10

I have just updated to Windows 7 and have found that I can't install my CanoScan 5000f scanner.

I emailed to Canon to ask about an update for the scanner but was told that Windows 7 does not support it!

I wondered if anyone has any ideas as to how to get round this or do I just have to scrap a perfectly good scanner?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David

northumbria61 13:05 06 Jul 10

Try downloading and installing the Vista driver from here - you may find your scanner will work with it.- click here

jack 14:05 06 Jul 10

These is a facility
Comparability Wizard
This allows the Current operating system to run as an earlier version'

or
click here

Jodakist 18:01 06 Jul 10

Thank you northumbria61 and jack for your help.

I did as you said northumbria61 and downloaded the Vista driver from the Canon website then followed your advice jack. The canoScan toolbox still failed to load. However, I with a bit of checking on what files had downloaded I found a Toolbox link which I clicked to install and I am happy to say that the scanner is now working perfectly!

Thank you both for your help, I am very grateful to you. It's a pity that the Canon technical help team evidently do not have as much knowledge on how to make their products work as you two!

Thank you again,

David

Jodakist 18:01 06 Jul 10

Thank you northumbria61 and jack for your help.

I did as you said northumbria61 and downloaded the Vista driver from the Canon website then followed your advice jack. The canoScan toolbox still failed to load. However, I with a bit of checking on what files had downloaded I found a Toolbox link which I clicked to install and I am happy to say that the scanner is now working perfectly!

Thank you both for your help, I am very grateful to you. It's a pity that the Canon technical help team evidently do not have as much knowledge on how to make their products work as you two!

Thank you again,

David

northumbria61 20:35 06 Jul 10

Good news - I had the same problem with the Canon Toolbox software for my Canonscan 8600F but mangaged in the end. It was the one and only problem I had in the change from Vista to Win 7 Pro. 64 bit. Scanners have always been temperamental.

pveness 20:37 05 Sep 10

Hi, Jodakist.

Please can you explain in more detail exactly what you did to get your 5000f scanner working.

I downloaded the 5000fvst8021a_xpen.exe file from the Canon site and have located the Compatability wizard. But I can't find the unzipped version of the downloaded file and so don't know where to go from here.

Thanks, Peter.

john bunyan 21:05 05 Sep 10

I have a Canonscan 8800f. and W7 64 bit. Downloaded drivers from the Canon website. Only problem is that I use Photoshop CS5 (both 32 and 64 bit installed) and only the 32 bit version allows te use of TWAIN, which I prefer for scanning software to the WIA interface.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017