Canoscan 3200F USB2 XP No scan problem

wysiwyg8 14:12 21 Sep 04

My new Canoscan 3200F with USB2 connection is recognised by XP, drivers loaded with NAV dissabled, installed and shown in device manager etc as working correctly and no conflicts, however when I try to aquire from any of the various applications with a twain input not only Canon's own software, I get an error stating "Cannot comunicate with scanner". In the scanner properties tab in settings the scanner is shown as status "unavailable" all USB devices are OK. The scanner works fine and is instantly working on a PC running ME so there is nothing wrong with the scanner or the USB Cable. The only thing I have not done yet is install Service Pack 2. I ran the Canon app deldrv.exe to make sure the drivers were the latest.. Any thoughts?

Rogerfredo 16:36 21 Sep 04

I had a similar problem with my Epson 875DC photo printer.
This has a USB card reader built in which worked under ME but not under XP, although every indication was that XP had detected it.
I later found that Epson's USB driver conflicted with that in XP.
My solution was to use a separate card reader, but you will need to investigate whether there is a driver for XP.
By the way, I have the Canoscan 5000F which works ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…