CanoScan 3200F through USB hub

bpzoom 01:53 10 Jul 04

I have connected my new Canoscan 3200F scanner to my PC to a USB1 port via a powered belkin hub. Whilst attempting unsuccesfully so far to obtain even a reasonably accurate match between screen colours of a scanned image and printed colours, I sought help from the Canon site tech support. Among other questions, they asked if my scanner is connected through a powered hub, and if so Canon technical support was invalidated. Has anyone heard of such a condition applying to any make of scanner or other peripheral? If so what is the reason for it? As far as I can see there is no such condition in any of the documentation which came with the scanner.

georgemac 07:51 10 Jul 04

no I cannot see what difference this would make. I also posted to your earlier thread on this problem as I have the same problem.

My 3200f is connected through a non powered usb hub (my monitor) but I may connect it directly to the PC and try again. I have a usb 2 port connected to the hub, although last time I connected my digi cam I think it said I was still connected to usb 1.

jack 08:33 10 Jul 04

I would bash Canon support's ears again

It is not good enough for them to say ' We wont Help because.......'
You need to know the reason why.
Electically I can see no reason.
Most hubs have a powered no pwered option.
My HAMA has it is running 'puter powered'
but has a socket to allow a power brick to be
attatched.
If you is like this, try running it unpowered.
See what happens.
At worst the 'puter may slow or misbehave becuase of extra power drain.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac