CanonScan LiDE 50 AFTER re-install of XP ??

AngeTheHippy 22:45 11 Oct 04

Hi chaps, I bit the bullet and have re-installed XP - working fine so far... installed printer OK, but the scanner, which I bought last year is a problem - I cannot remember whether it came with an installation CD, it almost certainly DID do, but I can't find it! Any clues where I can get/download the prog from? I looked on the Canon UK site, and they've only got drivers by the look of it.

AngeTheHippy
xx

Giggle n' Bits 23:06 11 Oct 04

and purchase a new CD. The software may come under utilty for download but if on dial up this would take hours as there is lots of software with the Canons.

stalion 23:08 11 Oct 04

Hi,I think you are stuck unless you can get the cd for your scanner. I would contact canon to see if they will let you have another
Regards

Djohn 23:19 11 Oct 04

I have the Canon LiDe 50 scanner and software. Yes it's on a CD that needs installing before you connect the scanner.

AngeTheHippy 15:01 19 Oct 04

Hi chaps, here we are a WEEK later, and I though a glint of light at the end of the tunnel. Managed to download the installation s/w for the scanner from Canon. However, when I tried installing it, I got the message from sys tray area 'A problem ocurred during the hardware installation. Your hardware may not work properly'. Well, it didn't, so I spoke to some 'helpful' people at Canon and am expecting a call back from them later. Will keep ya posted!!

AngeTheHippy
xx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…